Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Symbolic Suggestions

While this doesn't quite parallel the poll I took on our family blog, I would like some input from any of the regular readers of this blog. If I were to get a tattoo (wow, I never thought I'd start a sentence that way :-) I'm convinced of what I'd want it to say:

Post Tenebras Lux

Translated from Latin, the phrase means "after darkness, light" and was one of the battle cries of the Reformation (and there would probably be a little double entendre if it were to be scripted on my arm). Google it if you want to see more. The problem? I don't think I just want a script. So I'm looking for some good ideas for a symbol to put it on or with. Think in terms off it being on a shoulder. I've surfed the web for some ideas and come up wanting. A cross is about the only offering and unless it was a decent graphic, crosses may be overdone. So, any ideas?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why a tattoo? just curious.
as for an image: a small hill, a large tomstone rolled away, and a cross in the distance...
after the death and burial, then glory...
Joshua L Smith

T. Baylor said...

How about it scripted across the nose of a glock?

Tim Barker said...

I second the cave with the large tombstone rolled away. That's what comes to mind for me with the statement. Kind of like that 3rd voice of "oh to see the dawn..."

Anonymous said...

Dude, forget the Glock!! Go first century. Get it across a Gladious!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate, If you did a cross the words could make up the cross. How is Noah? LOL Mom You should email Gina or I could call her and she could sketch some ideas they do original designs.

Nate Mihelis said...

Josh:
Why not? :-)

Baylor:
I'm not ruling it out. Though that might make it triple entendre

Russell:
I don't know what that is. Is it imported or domestic?

Barker and Josh:
I like the idea, though I'm not sure even my shoulder's that big:-)Still worthy of consideration.

Mom:
Definately get Gina's imagination on the job! Noah's doing great. He survived his next round of shots. And on his b-day no less.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate,I will email Gina right now! Love, Mom Is Noah's congestion cleared up?

Anonymous said...

A gladious is a first century sword utilized the Roman infantry to kick some (FCC edit). Just watch Gladiator with R. Crowe.

Garrett said...

Maybe you could get it above that sweet Dispensational chart Russel had on his blog a whil ago. You could fit that on your back, right?

Nate Mihelis said...

G: If it doesn't fit on my back, I may be able to wrap it around to my chest :-) Perhaps I could get the sine quo non on my shoulder too!

robertlhall said...

How about a picture of the face of Luke Skywalker?

Just kidding. There is a sweet symbol on www.deviantart.com/print/416338/

Anonymous said...

Mihelis,

Dave Wetzel has the coolest tatoo. If you haven't seen it, gotta check it out. The five solas on his upper arm. So sweet.

One other thought: "Christian Hedonist" with a cross in between...

Hayton