Tuesday, March 20, 2007

McGrath Takes on Atheism

If you haven't seen this yet, it should be worth watching: Alister McGrath, Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, debating Peter Atkins, Professor of Chemistry at Oxford University, well-known atheist and supporter of Richard Dawkins. Dawkins has created quite a stir in recent popular media bringing back the glory days of secular atheism. It's ironic that his modernistic approach (leaning very much on logical positivism from the snippets I've read) gains a hearing in our current post-modern culture. Anyway, McGrath has been an outspoken critic for some time now and it should be interesting to see two Oxford boys going at it. I haven't watched the video yet, in fact I haven't been online much at all in the last week, so I apologize if there are any techincal difficulties, but you can stream or download the video here.

(HT: Justin Taylor)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mihelis,
Administrator note. Your link to Barker's blog is bad. It has an extra slash at the end, which my browser at least doesn't recognize.

Nate Mihelis said...

Yeah, thanks. I noticed that too, I'm just too lazy to fix it. Barker's blog's not that good anyway :-)no, actually my browser redirects me, so I've been too lazy to change it. One of these days...