Sunday, March 19, 2006

Beating the Machine

No, not the polygraph. Even better. Are you sick calling a comany (visa, office depot, etc) only to get phone recordings with endless combinations of number prompts that keep you on the phone for endless minutes before you finally speak to a human being? Somebody with entirely too much time on their hands composed a list of the combination of numbers you need to punch in for various companies in order to get directly to a human being. Now the likelyhood of getting decent customer service these days without talking to a manager is low, but talking to a human sure beats listening to recorded prompts (most of the time). You may not need this list now, but it's probably worth saving it under your favorites for when you do need it. Check it out here.

7 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

Mihelis, very good find. I agree they had too much time on their hands, but I'm sure it will be beneficial to me some day and save me minutes on my cingular plan :o)
Thanks for the info.

dwilson said...

This is sad, but I actually have been on the other side of the phone maze and have learned some reasons why companies put those on the incoming calls. It basically comes down to controling the volume of calls that go to certain locations. But at the end of the day they are really annoying.

Anonymous said...

ROFLM[B]O
Ciao

Nate Mihelis said...

I appreciate the [B] substitution :-)

Nate Mihelis said...

See I responded...keep on blogging!!!

Abby said...

Vince and I were just looking at that the other night! I usually just start pushing buttons until they have to transfer me to a live person - at least now I know there's a method to the madness!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nate!
Love, Mom ;-)