Thursday, April 26, 2007

Not Me

Once again, Cokesbury has some great deals, this time topping out at 90% of the original price. I accquired 9 books for under $20 one of the best deals being Harrington's commentary on Matthew in the Sacra Pagina series. Originally $40 I got it for $4. Not bad for a hardback with over 400 pages. However, of the batch, I think my favorite is the little paperback pictured below. Who's Afraid of Postmodernism is just over 100 pages of a PhD from Villanova (now on faculty at Calvin) wrestling with how postmodernism should and does intersect with the church, all the while writing for laymen and pastors. So far it's been a page turner and I might actually finish this one, as that's exactly the sort of question I've been wrestling with recently a la the emerging church conversation.


No comments: