Monday, June 19, 2006

Who ya' gonna call? You might be surprised.

I hesitate to post on this only because by putting it in a public domain, it increases the odds of my coming across it more often. However, the humor and irony of it all demand that I share it. I called someone at work today who had a history of hang ups noted. The person who answered was actually quite pleasant and though he informed me the individual I was calling for was not available, if I could hold a minute, his wife would get me an alternate number where I could reach the person I was looking for. After a few minutes of waiting, he asked me how I was doing today. I told him I was fine and asked how he was. "Fine" he responded. Right about then, the lady of the house came on the other line and said she had the number. "248-262-6861," I was pleasantly informed. "That's not a cell phone is it?" I queried, not wanting to call a cell without the owner's permission. "Not as far as I know" she responded. I thanked them and hung up.

Now, if your begining to wonder what in the world I'm doing publically offering private information, like someone's phone #, you've been had, just like I was. Though the number I listed above is the number I was given, it is by no means a private listing for someone's residence (I'd NEVER put that type of stuff in a public forum). No, the number listed above, I discovered both to my dismay and delight, is the number for the rejection hotline. Don't believe me? Give it a call. If it says all circuits are busy, be patient and try again until you get through. Trust me, it's worth it.

4 comments:

robertlhall said...

sweet. only we would understand.

dwilson said...

Nate, that phone # is funny. You should be honored to have received it.

Anonymous said...

Oh,My! That is way too funny! I am putting that number in my "may need to use this some day" file! Love ya! Mom :-)

Chris Bruno said...

Pretty funny stuff. Its a metro Detroit area code, so it would work well around here.
crb